January 12, 2013

A Little Couponing Going On...

I'm trying to get back into couponing. I have to be honest, it's a little hard! I feel like I have a MILLION other things I could worry about instead. But, I also know, it will end up being very beneficial!

Last night, I had all my coupons cut from Sunday and decided to finally put them in my coupon binder. Yep, it took my 6 days to do it. Sad, huh? And I have to do it all over again tomorrow. I did get discouraged and started to sort through them and realize some of the items I would never buy, even if it was FREE, so I threw those out. That was hard, too. Throwing coupons away is like throwing money away! But I am making a diligent effort this time to only buy stuff I will actually use, need, and normally buy. 

Yesterday, I went to CVS and did a deal and I think I did rather well.

My CVS loot. Not the best picture. I'll get better!
I got 4 12-pk coke products, 8 cans of Pringles, 2 boxes of 25-ct Finish gel dish packs, 2 bags of Simple Pleasures, 2 toothbrushes, 2 Colgate toothpastes, and 4 candy bars. I spent $20.79 out of pocket and got $16 back in extrabucks. The Coke, Pringles, and Finish were part of the spend $30, get $10 back. Keep in mind, I had $21 extrabucks from last week to use toward my purchase. Thank GOODNESS!

Now, I will say, you need to pay SPECIAL attention when the clerk is checking you out. I did not notice until NOW that this clerk rang up one of my Finish as the wrong item, therefore I paid too much for those, and it didn't go toward my spend $30 get $10 and I had to buy the candy bars to reach my $30. Had he rung it up correctly, I would've saved nearly another $5! Raggghhhhhh.

Anywho, I am pretty proud of myself. It feels good to get back into it! 

Are you getting any good deals in the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment