January 18, 2013

Delicious Turkey Burgers

I made some really good turkey burgers tonight, I'm not gonna lie!

They were SO good; even my 4 year old finished his. WHA?!?!

So here's what I did. I preheated my oven to 400 degrees. I started with two pounds of ground turkey meat. Then add any type of seasoning you normally put in burgers. I love McCormick Grill Mates Hamburger seasoning. So good. It's all right in there for you. Yum! Then I added a tub of feta crumbles and a defrosted box of frozen spinach. Mix it up well and then make round patties.

Tonight I did something different and put a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet. I put the burgers on the cooling rack and baked it for about 15-20 mins (I didn't set the timer - oops!). I flipped them when the top just started to barely get golden brown. I put them back in for another 10 minutes (or until golden brown on top). I toasted the buns and away we went!

Our spinach-turkey-feta burgers.
Look at all that grease on the pan. YAY! 
I topped them with a thin layer of mayo and some red onion and they were amazing! Seriously. Try them. You'll feel so good about yourself for indulging in a delicious burger without a ton of fat and a surprise veggie helping!

*Note: We just had chips on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment